What is Academy @ The Focus?
Academy @ The Focus is a free virtual program preparing artists for their journey through the world’s top visual effects studios through intensive training. Technicolor’s diversified reach in visual effects enables us to guide, mentor, and train these artists to meet the highest industry standards.
Our courses prepare you for a career in visual effects by working with industry experts on their creative, technical, procedural, and soft skills. They also provide a great opportunity to gain experience and expertise to build upon as you progress in your career. Upon completion of the course you will have the opportunity to directly apply for available roles at Technicolor, and potentially receive a joining bonus, if offered a position.
- A free online course of 8-10 weeks to get you up to the standard required to deliver first class VFX
- Dedicated mentoring from a senior industry member
- Intensive training using industry standard software tools (provided) while using our high-quality training materials
- Continued access to video tutorials featuring industry experts and the potential to use your project work in showreels
- The opportunity to apply to available roles at Technicolor, and to potentially receive a bonus, if offered a position
1: VFX Workflow, Prop Animation
2: Biped Body Mechanics
3: Biped Body Mechanics
4: Acting – Facial Animation
5: Locomotion – Quadruped locomotion
6: Locomotion – Quadruped advanced
7: Final Project
8: Final Project
- OS: 64 Bit Windows, Mac or Linux -see Maya version requirements
- CPU 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor
- RAM: 16GB RAM, 8 MB will be challenging
- Storage: 20GB free
- Video Card: At least 4GB VRAM
- Display: HD resolution
- Pointing device: 3-button mouse
- Headset or microphone & speakers
Internet connection: 3Mbps
Autodesk Maya 2020 (3-month license will be provided)
Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari
Graphics software e.g. Adobe Photoshop or equivalent
- Recent graduates of a VFX program or entry/junior level candidates looking for their first break in the VFX industry.
- Candidates ready to cross the bridge from learning into a professional career.
- Artists with a drive, passion and commitment to deliver first class VFX.
- Please apply with your department specific demo reel and CV attached
- Complete the provided skills test
- Get feedback by the Academy admissions team